Block Heels | Booties | Wedges
Walk more comfortably, prolong the life of your shoes, and make them look and feel like new again!
Keep in mind that in the repair business every job is unique so your repair may not be listed. When we assess your item in person, our cobblers will contact you with the best repair options. We also offer bundles and discounts for multiple repairs.
Heels and Soles
- For all of our repairs, we select materials of the highest quality and durability to most closely match the original look of your shoes. Customers often comment that our soles and heels last even longer than the originals.
- To check if your heels should be replaced, inspect the rubber "lift" on the heel - if it has worn through to the material underneath, you should change the heel.
- To check if your soles should be replaced:
- inspect for any visible holes - if you see any, your sole should be replaced to avoid damage to your shoe
- inspect if the sole is soft in any specific areas, typically those with most wear, by pressing your finger around the sole - it is a good idea to consider a sole change at this point as a hole will form shortly
- inspect tread wear - if you feel your sole becoming slippery, you should change it; otherwise, changing it is a matter of preference
- If you have worn your heel down too far or caught/snagged your heel, select "Repair Tears on Heels." Not all tears can be fixed, but they will certainly be less visible.
- Toe Protector Plates are pieces of plastic added to the front of your soles to help minimize wear and prolong life. They are an affordable way to maximize the life of your shoes if you are tough on the fronts of your soles.
- Heel Protector Plates are pieces of plastic added to the back of your heels to help minimize wear and prolong life. They are an affordable way to maximize the life of your shoes if you walk frequently and wish only to change out the plates instead of your heel lifts.
Cleaning and Conditioning
- For shoes of a lighter color, we recommend that you select the additional option "remove spots and stains" to restore cleanliness if you feel your shoes needs sprucing up.
- Conditioning of black, dark brown or navy leather will cover most spots and blemishes. Selecting "remove spots and stains" is necessary if your shoes are muddy or have some spills on them.
- We clean and condition various types of leather shoes: top grain leather, suede, nubuck. Depending on the material of your shoes, we utilize pastes, creams, waxes and oils to bring out original colors, protect your shoes against wear and tear, and prolong the life of your shoes.